Tuesday, May 3, 2022

Wing Foiling Session - 5/3/2022

After work session.  Wind backed down a notch just as I drove up at 3:10pm.  There were white caps as I was passing the HIANG parking lot - and they were gone by the time I was ready to hit the water.  The surf was giant sized - I told Harris that I was going to pass and just hang on the inside to practice my toe-heel tack.

There were a bunch of people cycling through (and I bet there were more earlier) - Jim, Edmund, Harris and I - another guy Tim; then Eli, Derek and a guy named Josh (who had an epic, gear destroying wipeout on the outside), finally followed by Bill.


I am not really getting the toe-heel tack down... I need to watch more videos and dissect the turn.  I did get a bunch more turns.


I think I had the right sized wing up - 5.2 - there were considerable gusts and lulls though.

Edmund had a 5.1 Takuma RS - we had compared notes and he and Jim also noted the back winding I had experienced.  But observing Edmund - he was getting upwind just fine.  I'm going to have to put more time on the 6.1 to get the feel of it down.

I really love the Reedin SWX now - I have adapted my style to the characteristics of that wing.


Josh tried taking a really big set wave - didn't make it and got pounded hard.  Eli and Derek were out there and so was Harris - they all helped out and they made a pit stop at the beach.  Josh borrowed Edmund's 5.1 and they all took off for Iroquois Point again.

I might have gone out if I wasn't always worried whether the front foil was working itself loose or not... or maybe not ;)

W:36/F:43/S:12

No comments: