Sunday, May 29, 2022

On to No.24...

And right after finishing the work Noe asked for on her boat, I jumped on the next garage project -


which oddly enough draws a strong resemblance to Noe's project...


These wingboards are not supposed to be displacement hulls - and I came full circle really quick on returning to the squared off rails and flat tail that I had built into the first two foilboards I made.  No.24 is the latest and is designed to leave the water as quickly as possible.


Kinda has a "Laser Hull" shape to it.


I routed out the track reinforcement block hole today - I should be able to get the block set in with carbon/innegra/epoxy by tomorrow sometime.


This step is always the messiest in the entire foilboard building process.


I have a calculator setup to determine the footstrap positioning.  Once this part is complete, I'll flip the board to get the footstrap insert slot reinforcement blocks positions measured out and work to get the blocks set in.

No comments: