Sunday, May 29, 2022

Dawn Patrol - 5/29/2022

Close carbon copy of yesterday - Marlon on his Seaside, me on the 4'8" prone board. I thought the conditions were better than yesterday (although that was a topic of debate out in the line up today).  Regardless - there was less wind, the surf was a tad bit smaller, and the current was down from the river it had been the past few days.


I did mix it up a bit though - 1095 on the Stringy fuselage (60cm) with one of my 14.875" rear stabilizers bolted on.  When I was setting this up last night, I had to use both the circle shims and the PPC plate shim to level it out.  It was level - I didn't have to wrestle the setup to ride level.




But looking at the foil, you can definitely see the lean backwards on the mast.

I caught a bunch of waves and had some long rides - I have to pump this foil less than the 980 (and it was smaller today) - but the lift is a lot more progressive and with the shorter fuselage, the whole setup had a lot more pitch sensitivity than I am used to.  The other thing I noticed during setup was the rear stabilizer bolts needed to be downsized to 14mm and I had to still use a shim to get enough distance to tighten the bolts.

Kalani, Tim, Noel and Ryan were out - lots of comparing notes on equipment today.  Roland rolled up after 8 - I got a closer look at his setup - here is where his fairly new Hyper 190 is cracking.  He definitely tests the limits of his equipment.


W:44/F:52/S:16

No comments: