Sunday, May 1, 2022

Wing Foiling Session - 5/1/2022

Windy Sunday - jumped in Kalani's wife's Sequoia again and added Roland.  I only brought the SWX4.2 (it was that windy).  But the other guys all brought 2 wings.


The wind was strong - but there were some ups and downs, and the direction would shift periodically.  Not the best of conditions but still fun.  I had it in my mind that I would jump today.  First run out I got clear of the water by a large margin.


I had several more jumps, but it seems on flat water, you need just the right conditions and perfect timing to pull it off.  My last one I came down with more of a nose down attitude and could have possibly foiled away (all jumps ended in stops).


Roland was trying to get his new foil positioned, so I stuck to the inside.  Kalani and Tim were working on the inside to keep developing their skills.  In this wind, I was able to get in a bunch of solid turns - all except the toe-side tack.

Eventually I headed out to Firsts and got to ride some smaller waves.  I lost another wingscrew, so I headed in (didn't want to damage any other gear).

After a back-to-back (session) use of the Takuma RS and the Reedin SWX, right now I think I prefer the SWX.  The draft stability, forward drive and handles are more to my liking with the SWX.  I think this may change over time - but I'll need lower speed winds to test the RS further.


Had an ordeal trying to get back into Kalani's SUV.  Ken eventually came out - here he is just barely missing a jibe.


Another fun day winging!

W:35/F:43/S:12

No comments: