Saturday, May 7, 2022

Garage Works - 5/6/2022

I had the rental car loaded with winging gear yesterday afternoon, but I got the call that my truck repair was completed.  Needless to say, I aborted the winging session and went home to get ready to pick up the truck.

When I got home from picking up the truck, I reloaded all the support gear (towing stuff, spare wing pump, roof racks, etc) back into it.  With that finished, I figured I should get more work done on the garage projects.  First up was the mast track replacement.  I routed out the hardened high-density foam I sprayed in to fill the gaps left by the destroyed finboxes.

After that, it was time to get the track block in and all the carbon reinforcements.





I need to sand down the residual resin, then I can rout out the finbox slots.

SInce I was using epoxy, I also filled a small void in the 4'7" Wing Board.


And filled in an air bubble in the 7'4" asymmetric.


The filling and the sanding never end...

No comments: