Friday, May 13, 2022

Wing Foiling Session - 5/12/2022

Yesterday evening was a pretty cool day at WPB - there were 7 wingers ripping it up!  Eli, Derek, Kalani, Brian, Paul, Roland and myself - I don't think I've ever seen that many at WPB all at once.  Harris would have been 8, but he had his daughter and had to head back home.

Jeff let me use the loaner Reedin Super Wing V2 4.7m - and I bolted on the Kujira 1210


Wind was perfect for the SW 4.7 - and I really got to put this wing through its paces (minus jumping).  Wind direct was perfect for swinging hard into a jibe right at the peak of an oncoming wave following through with a good drop.  The waves could have been bigger, but this really was a good warm up for summer jibing.


I forgot my watch, so GPS tracks.

Kalani was already boosting his first time back out winging at WPB.


This SWV2 is a really great surfing wing.  It has plenty of power, can be easily pumped when starting, swings around really easily (like the OR A), one hands after the jibe really well - I was really impressed!!!  I was able to pull upwind easily.  And the wing seemed easier to fly/manage compared to the original SW (and maybe even easier than the SWX).  It is definitely lighter than the SWX.  I basically had no issues with this wing.

It only has one inflation tube going from the main to the strut, but it does have a boston valve on the strut - I guess so you can pump up the strut to a higher pressure if you want to - or use it as a really quick dump valve.


Roland was also trying out a new wing - Paul Cooper's Cloud IV 4.2m.  He and I started out nearly at the same time - within seconds of getting up and going, he boosted a huge air!!!  He said this wing had a ton of low end (which explains the high jumping), but he noted that the wing walked around when luffing.

Super fun session!!!!


W:40/F:43/S:14

No comments: