Sunday, May 22, 2022

Wing Foiling Session - 5/21/2022

The front that was shifting the wind from the normal tradewind pattern pushed through and once the clouds cleared, there was wind!

The wind was on the lighter side, but it was rideable!  Takuma RS 6.1, WWFB, Kujira 1440, Foilparts 17" rear stabilizer, 85cm PC mast - light wind weapons!

I don't know if it is the big wing, the big front foil or a bit of both - but this setup has been allowing me to knock out my inbound (toe to heel) jibes - this had been the hardest turn for me to execute - not anymore.





Somewhere in all these turns today, I even did a duck jibe (but high up with the wing).


I have really grown to love this wing.  It is more fun to fly than any other wing I've tried.  There are certainly more powerful wings, others that haul upwind like crazy, superlight and stiff ones, and even wings that down right suck - but none are more fun than the RS.





Mid jibe pics!



I stayed on the inside since there were no other wingers around.  But these sessions where I just practice my transitions are actually the ones I look forward to the most.


It seemed to be a couple of notches lighter than what this wind chart is showing.


Pretty good top speed for the big 1440.


W:42/F:48/S:15

No comments: