Saturday, May 14, 2022

Wing Foiling Session - 5/14/2022

Went for an afternoon winging session.  The wind had been blowing so I loaded up the 6.1, the 5.2 and the 4.7.  As typical - when I pulled up to the parking lot, the wind had fallen off.  Derek was grabbing a bigger wing from his van.  The coconut palms were moving, just not as strong as I thought they would be.  There were also no white caps out at sea. Not much debate - RS 6.1 it is.

La and Marlon came out to meet with some friends from Mississippi - she took some pictures of us - this one is me mid jibe.


And here I was going downwind on the inside (just before the surfer line up) surfing the unbroken swell before it stood up.


I got in 13.3 miles and spent most of my time at Coves/Fenceline (the wind was light and I didn't want to get stuck in the dead zone in front of the cabins).  It was tempting to ride the transitioning swell in through the line up - but definitely not worth the pain if I got stuck.


Glad I had the 6.1


The RS 6.1 is an amazing wing - in this lighter wind, I was totally able to stay up on foil for long runs.


Marlon taking a break from teaching some old friends how to surf.


That's me in the background!!!  The wind is forecasted to drop off to nothing - there is a trough settling in.  I'm glad I got some winging in over the past several days.


W:41/F:44/S:15

No comments: