Wednesday, May 18, 2022

Garage Works - 5/18/2022

It was raining today - when the winds blow from the south, we become the windward side of the island - and that usually means rain.  I opted to get this board over the finish line (so I can get it back to the owner and open up space in the garage).  I had taped off the board yesterday, but didn't have the yellow paint (I had mistakenly thought I had a can - but that was back in 2014 I think).  I picked up the paint today - and proceeded to get adequate coverage on the repair.





And here it is with the tape removed.  I just need to wetsand the painted area to blend it in with the rest of the board and I can get this board moving.


And I went ahead and did the math on where the inserts will go on this board - I've got a spreadsheet that correlates all the boards I've built with straps and I can input the length to get the ratioed locations.  Yes it is a tiny bit asymmetric to benefit my regular foot stance.


I'll rout out the reinforcement block slot before the weekend and try to get it installed.  I'll need to build up some more footstrap insert blocks before I can rout out those locations.  

With all the jumping that Roland keeps doing, I think I am ready to give it a go again (but I'll need this board).

No comments: