Sunday, January 8, 2023

Dawn Patrol - 1/8/2023

I pulled a solo dawn patrol this morning.  I brought Dennis's wave ski to give it back to him.  I also brought the same setup from yesterday - 4'8" prone foil board, 68cm Project Cedrus mast, F One Eagle 1090/DW210. 

The tide was higher than yesterday, no wind and the swell was slightly smaller, but way more consistent.


I focused on finding the right footing to pump back out.  I found instead of moving my front foot back, that if I pulled my back foot forward, the foil pumped easier and with more lift.  I got a bunch more double dips today.  I almost had two triples (but ran out of steam pumping).

I had a weird turn this morning - instead of carving through the top turn, I stayed upright and pivoted.  The back turned super fast (not upright components on the rear stabilizer) - so fast that I wiped out.

Fun time today! 


W:0/F:2/S:6

No comments: