Saturday, January 7, 2023

Garage Works - 1/7/2023

I worked on trimming both the slot and the block so the block would drop in easily, but still have a close fit to the sides.

After that I took some scrap fabric and got the slot dressed up.  Innegra on the bottom and carbon on the sides with some overlap.

Then I mixed up 5.6 ounce of epoxy - half went to the slot straight and I used a brush to wet out the fabric.  The rest got thickened and I coated the block with the slurry.  I slipped it in and then waited to see where the remainder needed to be added.

Saran wrap went on and got taped down to smooth out the fabric.


I added the weights to make sure the block did not rise up (but it probably won't because of the way the epoxy was spread out - not too thick in any one spot).


I didn't get to spread a slurry across the bottom like I had hoped (but that nap sure was nice).  I'll get that spread in the morning - and perhaps the top deck filled/sealed in the evening tomorrow. 

No comments: