Sunday, January 29, 2023

Dawn Patrol - Wing Foiling Session 1/28/2023

 Chased some wind yesterday.  Dawn patrolled on the wing over at Kailua Beach Park.  There is a front hanging out over Maui and Molokai - which is altering the normal tradewind flow.  The wind was coming in from the north - offshore at WPB and Hickam, onshore at Kailua - lesser of the evils.

Kailua when the weather sucks is a fun place to hang out - only the committed come out and parking is manageable.



Wind was a little up and down so I pumped up the RS6.1 and bolted on the Eagle 1090/DW210


On my track below you can see the original wind direction coming from the NNW, then it shifted to the NNE.  I was able to get way outside Flat Island and was surfing the swell out closer to the Mokuluas.

It can get a little spooky if no one else is out there and the wind did lighten up a little so I headed back in to the area to the NW of Flat Island and surfed there for a while.

That's when the wind shifted and the runs lined up almost like they normally would (but still a little lower than normal).

Iwindsurf picked up the wind shift.


I didn't break any speed records today - but staying up on foil way more than not, I got 19.6 miles in today (in 1.6 hours).


I'll make another post of the other interesting thing I saw at the beach...

W:6/F:6/S:8

No comments: