Wednesday, January 25, 2023

Evening Session - 1/24/2023

Marlon and I hit the beach for an evening session.  Taking a que from Roland from yesterday, I brought out the Firewire Sweet Potato to surf instead of having to be over cautious while prone foiling.  

The waves were smaller than the previous session.  The tide also seemed lower.  And Roland was foiling... one of us didn't get the memo...


Marlon was surfing right in the middle of the main crowd.  I can't stand crowds - so I mainly stayed on the inside of Fenceline to pick off the unridden gems that would come through every now and then.

Just like in prone foiling, when I change something up, it takes me a few waves to get recalibrated.  My first few waves on the Sweet Potato were short and unfulfilling - was making me question my decision to use this board in these conditions (thoughts of the Viking destroying everything were definitely bouncing around my head).

But eventually my muscle memory for surfing this board returned and I had several really fun runs turning up and down the wave, gaining speed and carving end turns.  I really love the Webber Transformers with this board.


Time to take a couple of days off I think  - rest up the body before the winds return.

W:4/F:6/S:8

No comments: