Sunday, January 15, 2023

Garage Works - 1/15/2023

Lots of work on No.29 today.

First I sanded the fill coat on the top deck.  I also took excess epoxy from around the bottom deck.  Then I filled voids - voids between the innegra laps and voids around the rim of the Futures boxes.







This made for a good foundation to laminate the carbon.  I cut out the rough outline, and then used a portion of the excess to make a spine running from the boxes to just shy of the halfway point.  Then I trimmed the bottom laminate, put some relief cuts and poured epoxy.





This came out pretty good.  There are a few spots where I'll have to make sure the rail tape will cover the missed points, but other than that it was tight all around.  All this work is keeping me on schedule.

Tomorrow, I'll sand the relief slits and the cut edges.  That will set up the rail tape lamination.  Tuesday I should be able to sand around the rail tape lamination, grind open the mast track, place the labels/stickers, and place the bottom deck fill coat.

Wednesday is Marlon's birthday, so I probably won't work on the board.  Thursday I'll sand the bottom deck to even everything out.  I'm going to use the Pro-Epoxy for the final fill coat, and I'll get it on the bottom deck.

Friday I'll sand the edge of the top deck (to get rid of any excess regular aluzine epoxy), then place the fill coat.  That means Saturday I'll install the vent and leash plugs, and hopefully get the final sanding done.

I guess it'll be the week after next when I get to anoint this board.  Lots of work still to do.

No comments: