Sunday, January 8, 2023

Garage Works - 1/8/2023

I got some work done on No.29 this morning.

I had done some calculations to determine the position of the mast tracks - and even after that I made a last minute adjustment (more forward).  Measured multiple times -


before cutting.

Getting the trak slots cut out of a narrow tailed board is not easy - shims, cantilevers and lots of measuring.


But you gotta cut sometime - 


And these came out perfect!  For reference, these are centered to bias the asymmetry (the middle of the stringers was where the templates were centered - I adjusted over to the starboard side by just over a centimeter).


And after that work I rearranged the garage and disposed of a bunch of things that weren't needed (like over 3 garbage bags of stuff).  Finally - before running errands with La, I added a seal/fill coat to the top deck - this is to try and avoid air bubbles in the fabric under the laminates.

When I get home from the grocery run, I'll seal/fill the bottom deck and get the track boxes epoxied in.


This is the view from the top - the Regular Foot Asymmetric Prone Foil board is coming along nicely.

No comments: