Monday, January 9, 2023

Garage Works - 1/9/2023

I epoxied in the mast track boxes and got the seal/fill coat over the bottom deck.  I drilled through both stringers in two spots to make sure there will be pathways for the air to move between both sides of the blank (I'm only putting in one vent).


I'll have to sand down some spots under the weight I used to keep the boxes from moving around (they will move if you don't keep an eye on them), and also at the nose where I used epoxy/thiksil to rebuild the foam that came off during the shaping process.  The seal coat helps fill the spots where the shaping process gouged chunks of EPS, but also adds a layer of epoxy that will later stop pinholes (where the EPS blank sucks in the epoxy - and this is a whole other topic but you should only apply laminates while the temperature is falling).

After I sand those spots, I'll be ready to laminate the top deck.  I'm still debating the color tint - some type of blue, international orange, or a darker green....  It's funny what ends up being the hard parts of board building.

If I can figure out the deck color, I might have both sides laminated and the rail tape on by this weekend.

No comments: