Saturday, January 21, 2023

Wing Foiling Session - 1/20/2023

The forecasts have been predicting a short wind event - but it is supposed to come up straight south.  It did come and it was from the straight south.

I rigged up the Takuma RS 5.1, the F One Eagle 1090 on the WWFB.  


I order to get going and not have to immediately turn, I had to paddle the board pretty far out.  Eventually I did get up on foil and I got in a bunch of runs.  I couldn't get out through the channel to the outside - so I just stuck to the inside reef line and surfed the small swells coming over the reef.


Just enough wind to get up with the 5.1.  The efficiency of the 1090 kept me going with little effort. 


I got the foil up to 22 mph (I forgot my watch at work - I used my phone).


 Nice session!


W:3/F:4/S:7

No comments: