Monday, January 2, 2023

Evening Session - 1/2/2023

I wanted to make up for a low wave count this morning, so I took the Sweet Potato out to WPB this afternoon.  It was a really low tide, light wind and a waist (to chest high if you waited) high swell pushing through.

I caught plenty of waves, and the longer I was out, the better my rides got.  My last ride I did multiple turns and rode it most of the way back to the beach.  I was catching most of the waves I would have caught on the TJ Everyday.  This board will help extend the life of the Everyday by taking some of the pressure to ride it when the waves are smaller and gutless.


I really like the feel of these fins.  If I have a wave face to work with, turning seems to actually generate board speed.  This set felt way better than the Machado Quads - more drive, speed and release at the same time.


I'm going to ride this board with these NVS Aipa Da Hook fins for a few more sessions - then I think I'm going to try out another set of fins I got for Christmas - the Webber Transformers.  And then the Wayne Rich Nightmare Keels, without and then with a nubster trailer.  It is going to be a fun year experimenting with the Sweet Potato and different fins!!!

W:0/F:0/S:3

No comments: