Saturday, January 14, 2023

Garage Works - 1/14/2023

I had a couple of sessions in the garage today.  After we were done at the dentist's office, I bought some acrylic paint so I could mark up the board.

I had to go pick up Noe's boat this afternoon, so I got the board painted with the time I had.

I also had ordered some more decal labels from Helen, so I picked those up.


After I got the boat all parked and put away, I went and applied the top deck logo and placed the first fill coat.

Tomorrow I'll do a light sanding on the top deck, then I'll cut out the carbon to laminate the bottom deck.  I'll place patches around the mast track, but the rest of the bottom will just be a single layer of 5.7 ounce carbon fiber.

If I can get this done tomorrow, I'll be able to laminate the rail tape on Monday.  I'll apply more labels and stickers, then will still have to fill, sand, fill again, sand-sand-sand, drill out vent and leash plug holes, install, final sand, and finally spray cear coat.  If all goes well, I'm thinking I may be able to surf this board around next Sunday.

I also finished fixing Marlon's board, until I decided to put just a little more epoxy on just to make ultra sure the ding is sealed.

No comments: