Saturday, November 18, 2023

Dawn Patrol - 11/18/2023

Dawn patrol this morning was a Foil Drive prone session at Firsts.

There were sets coming through Firsts, so I set up the Spitfire 960 combo.


Jesse and Harris were using the tow boogies that Jesse built.  The new one has a crap ton of power and Jesse used it to give me a tow out to the start of the channel.  Nearly yanked my arm off and it was towing both of us out.

The swell was really good when the sets were pushing through - well overhead!  My first wave, as I was standing up the bottom dropped out!

It's pretty cool to see the set waves all focusing on one takeoff point.


I called it a session when I got ambushed by about 25 OC-1 paddlers


Today was the second day I felt the Foil Drive Assist Plus was actually underpowered.  Jesse was killing it with the whip ins and low speed.  And in between waves, getting back out to the line up was slow (in order to preserve voltage).  I think I should be surfing more to avoid looking at the Gen 2 Max...

W:114/F:101/S:54

No comments: