Saturday, November 11, 2023

Wing Foiling Session - 11/11/2023

Dawn patrol today was supposed to be a Foil Drive mission, followed by a wing session.

The wind ruled otherwise - was already windy before dawn.


I put away the FD gear and setup the SK8 950/C200 on No.25

I don't recall setting this combo up before - I didn't think the boxes would support the spot where I would need the set the mast for the SK8 (since the Eagle 890 pegs the boxes).  On No.32 the 950 sits about half an inch forward of the 1090.  I figured I'd give it a try. 


I was thoroughly exhausted by the time I went in.  The wind started out light but doable (once you got out to the wind line), but halfway through the session, the wind was just a notch below nuking.


The waves were small, but ridable.  Occasionally a head high set would come through, but everything was mostly waist.

I did get a few fast tacks onto waves that were peaking - FUN!!!


It seemed windier than this chart shows (like normal - this is Hickam's chart)


Super fun session!


W:111/F:99/S:54

No comments: