Saturday, November 25, 2023

Garage Works - 11/25/2023

La was working on stuff so I had an opportunity to work on No.33

I cut the slot for the SUP handle - I am putting this on the top deck because carrying the board with a foil and the Foil Drive attached will be easier holding the handle and the mast (vice holding the handle and leaning the board on my hip like a wingboard).

I glued the handle in with Gorilla Glue.


Some of the tools I used today.


And I even had enough time to measure and cut out the slots for the mast track.


These are in perfect position!  Measuring multiple times and cutting once - 


I'll try and get these epoxied into place tomorrow morning.  The wind is coming in stronger tomorrow - I'm going to skip the dawn patrol and wing mid-morning.  That'll give me enough time to get the boxes set.


Next up after that - laminating.  I'm actually still debating what the laminate will be... all carbon, carbon bottom and fiberglass top, innegra somewhere... decisions, decisions, decisions.

No comments: