Tuesday, November 7, 2023

Wing Foiling Session - 11/7/2023

The wind held up for one more day - 


Still low tide.  Waves were half of what they were yesterday.  The wind was lighter than yesterday - but when I drove up into the parking lot it was still whitecapping. 


I used the same gear as yesterday, but switched the wing to the 4.7.


After getting out to deep enough water, and up on foil, I noticed a pin hole leak in the strut.  I figured I had an hour before the strut would soften up (and now I have more stuff to fix).

I had a handful of really fun waves - 


I did get caught in a lull while outside.  It was a tad bit unnerving (with all the reports and sightings recently) - but I kept calm and waited for a gust.


The 4.7 was plenty of wing except for the lull.


I screened the data below - the 31mph reading was not real.  I did hit 18.6mph a few times today.


The wind is forecasted to calm down for a few days.  Time to get some progress on the garage projects.

W:108/F:99/S:54

No comments: