Monday, November 13, 2023

Wing Foiling Session - 11/13/2023

I had some errands to run this afternoon, so I got in a lunch session at Hickam.  Ryan was out - and he was using his Progression 140.  One of the new guys (Armstrong junkie) also did a lunch session.  The wind was nuking on the outside - 


But on the inside, it was a little light and the wind line was a bit of the ways out.  I pumped up the SW2 4.2 and set up No.32/SK8 950/C200


Not bad stats considering I had some shlogging events (inside).


I used the inside run to practice tacks.  Most of them were dry.  The outside tacks were fluid all the way through.  The inside tacks had a tad bit of hesitancy - but the more you do them, the better you get.

Another thing I noticed about the SK8 was the takeoff speed - it needs more than some of the other foils I've been using recently (and I noticed this on the last winging session - this was confirmation).

Firsts was a nut house - gusts that would blow you off the board if you weren't paying attention, some runs where you couldn't turn onto a wave, and super chopped up water - I could have easily used the 2.5


When the wind has this much range between base and gusts, it is really hard to pick the right wing.


I got the peak speed runs in at the end of the session - when the wind was lighter and more manageable.


As nuts as today was, tomorrow is supposed to level up.

W:112/F:100/S:54

No comments: