Wednesday, November 15, 2023

Garage Works - 11/15/2023

The weather went sideways today - and after yesterday, I figured I should take break.  That opened up an opportunity to work on No.33

I used the laminate trimmer and a carbide hole cutter bit to trim out the slot top and bottom for the mast track reinforcement block.


I placed the top block in first since this slot was a closer cut to the block side.  I used regular Gorilla Glue and set the block in place.


Then I went ahead and glued in the bottom block.  The opening for this block was a little larger (cut that way).  I placed glue over the entire interior then placed the block.  I added weights on top to make sure the two blocks had good contact as the glue expanded then set.


Tomorrow I'll use the planer and skin the blank.  Including the reinforcement block top to bottom before shaping should make this build as strong as possible.  This board (like the other boards I've recently shaped) aren't too far off from the "rectangular" starting point.  I'll cut in some nose rocker, the shallow chines from 1/3 back through to the exit, and a few other nips and tucks.

As long as the wind is light, I'll continue working on this new Foil Drive board

No comments: