Saturday, November 25, 2023

Dawn Patrol - 11/25/2023

Dawn patrolled this morning.

Light trades starting to fill back in - but not too strong.  Lowish High tide dropping.  Waves in the waist range, with chest high sets.


I used the HPS980 setup since the waves were on the smaller side.  The paddle out was uneventful, and with the Foil Drive I was able to get out with 98% battery left.


Even with the HPS980, I was able to crank some pretty hard turns.  I got just over 2 hours out of the battery.  This foil set really allows me to get off the throttle faster when trying to catch waves - that goes a long way towards extending the session duration.


Lots of other foilers out - Dean, Andrew, Rick, Scott, Justin, Charles and Kamaka.  I tried to go the other direction when I was closer to them - so they could have a chance at riding also.  I did get several double dips in.


Looks like I got 32 waves in 2 hours - that's ridiculous (and only on the FD Assist+ - I can't imagine what the wave count will be with the FD Max).

I was using the 1.5mm long sleeve top - it's pretty chilly first thing in the morning now.


Another fun session!

W:115/F:103/S:56

No comments: