Thursday, November 23, 2023

Dawn Patrol - 11/23/2023

Marlon asked to foil today on the dawn patrol.  The waves were on the smaller side, but nice clean conditions.


I set Marlon up with the Iwa today.  He said the Kai wasn't giving him enough lift.

He paddled out to Coves (I thought he was going to join me and the regular crew over at Cabins).  He said he wasn't getting up on foil initially so he moved the mast forward (he's pretty much got it at this point if he can to that conclusion on his own).

I took out what I probably used the last time I went prone foiling (without the Foil Drive).  I know I usually suck after switching back and forth from one discipline to another (in this case shortboarding to prone foiling) - but I sucked today.  The crew (Dean, Andrew, Rick and Matt) were asking about why I wasn't on the Foil Drive - I said because Marlon was foiling and I thought I'd be closer to him if I stayed regular prone.  Well - this session was definitely a reinforcement of if you want to be good at something you need to practice it.

I ended up catching three good ones, so at least I know it was the adjustment back. 


Matt was out - he was on the ART Pro 1201 (and gliding around like it was nothing).

I won't be able to go tomorrow morning because I have to work.  We'll see what the conditions are like (as I may want to just get No.33 laminated).

W:115/F:102/S:56

No comments: