Wednesday, November 22, 2023

Garage Works - 11/22/2023

I had a long day at work and did not want to contend with less than perfect conditions at WPB.  Instead I opted to work on No.33 - specifically I sanded the board top and bottom.


This is the top deck


Top deck again -


And here is the bottom deck of the board


And almost a profile shot of the bottom deck.


This board is a slightly longer, slightly narrower version of No.18 - the design goal of this one is to go faster onto plane.  The faster you can get a board going, the faster you can get up on foil, the faster you can get off the throttle (and the longer your battery will last you, and lastly the more waves you can ride).  The wide tail will really help get the board moving faster.

This is basically my standard wing foiling board shape made narrower and thinner.  I'm guessing this will end up around 50 liters in volume.

Next step is to rout in the slot for the SUP carrying handle and the track boxes.  I'll get those glued/epoxied in, then start the carbon lamination.  I had considered placing footstrap inserts on, just like No.32, but have since changed my mind as I'm pretty sure I won't be using this as a wing board (why would I - wrestling a low volume board is futile and with all the sharks swimming around lately, its even dangerous).

I'll have the boxes in place tomorrow.  I'll have the bottom deck on either tomorrow or Friday.  Top deck will get laminated on Saturday.  At least that's the goal...

No comments: