Sunday, August 18, 2024

Wing Foiling Session - 8/18/2024

Weird conditions today - NNE winds and a mega high tide.


I setup the same gear as yesterday's (first) session - North Mode Pro 5.5


And No.36 with the F One Eagle 890/DW190


When I got to the parking lot, Harris was coming in.  He said he had been floating for a while and finally picked up a gust to get in.  Tim also came in and swapped out to a bigger wing.


I don't think I've been out in more northerly winds...


I managed to catch a few waves at Firsts and then over at Seconds - but the reward (small waves) was not worth the risk of getting stuck out there if the wind dropped off.  I headed in and still had to contend with a couple of lulls.

There were a few gusts bringing strong winds while I was out, but for most of the session it was on the lower end of doable with the equipment I had.
But doable is doable (and today was better than the past few days at WPB).


Any day you don't have to swim back in is a good one in my book!

W:105/FD:58/F:4/S:16

No comments: