Friday, August 30, 2024

Evening Session - 8/30/2024

Traffic sucked coming home from work.  And to wash off the long work week, I hit the beach for a Foil Drive session.  It's actually been a bit since the conditions to Foil Drive have been around.

The tide was high, the wind pretty light and if you were patient, fun waves yet to be had.


As I hinted at yesterday, I setup No.34 with the Foil Drive.  This is Part 1 for getting the BRM Parawing dialed in.  If I use the Foil Drive when learning the parawing, who cares if I get blown down wind - I'll just motor back upwind.  And if the wind lulls out, I'll put the parawing away and Foil Drive prone.

But it all starts here with getting No.34 dialed in with a larger foil - and looking around, the Spitfire 960 has all of a sudden become my biggest foil (1200 sqcm)


This board glides in!!!  So much so that I'm catching nothing waves without burning through the battery. 


The rides felt more like snowboarding - carving hard back and forth to stay in the powered spots


Kalani was out - he has been out almost exclusively on the Code now.

The first few waves I picked up, I overfoiled.  Then I pulled the mast back and the rides were awesome.  I don't know why I didn't do this before now.  I'm trying to recall - but I do think I did try it once before and it wasn't a good session.  Today changed everything and I'm now positive that this setup will get me going with the parawing.


There are at least 10 rides in there - about a third of the spikes (the smaller ones) were over foils or me trying to get my weight distribution correct.

W:112/PW:1/FD:59/F:4/S:17

No comments: