Monday, August 19, 2024

Repair Orders

And as fast as I can get them out of the garage, new ones come in.  I have Zach's windsurfing board and what I think is a SUP for Zach's wife, but the ding repair was asked for by Prayot.

Here's the windsurfer -


The repairs are focused in the nose area.  I already sanded the areas that need to be filled and covered with a cap sheet for fiberglass.  I'll use blue tint in the epoxy to try and keep with the existing theme.  Starboard used Innegra on this board (because kevlar is not white) - so I've done all the sanding I can (without incurring a bunch of ancillary work)

I also opened the soft spot on the deck.  I'm going to fill this one with epoxy and thiksil to restore the rigidity.


There are also a couple of spots on the deck that I'll hit with spray paint to hide the repair.

I'll take a closer look at the SUP tomorrow.

No comments: