Saturday, August 17, 2024

Wing Foiling Session - 8/17/2024

I got in an afternoon winging session over at Hickam.

There was some wind, but it wasn't nuking.  I brought all the Mode Pros, but pumped up the 5.5

I rigged for two separate outings - first was using the Eagle 890/DW190 - just to get some quality winging in.


The second outing was with the AFS Pure 560


Here's the mileage from the two outings


And the wind speed over the duration


The F One Eagle 890 is such a wonderful foil - fast, predictable, smooth, and turns well.

I had some great rides at Firsts!  One in particular had consecutive tacks on close waves.


I did venture over to Seconds as the waves looked bigger and more consistent.  I caught a couple of decent ones, then the wind dropped me and a long set came through.  I just took it and after what seemed like 8 waves, I got back up and headed back to Firsts to get a line to head back in (since the waves at Firsts were getting drowned out by the huge tide).


That black area was me paying some taxes...


I went in and setup the AFS Pure 560.


This foil is manageable to get up on - especially considering it is only 560 square centimeters in area.

I adjusted its position in the tracks a few times, but it was still a little tricky to control.  I'm guessing that the front footstraps need to be moved forward to be able to get my foot where it needs to be to more easily control the foil.


Mostly jibes - as I didn't want to go down (and have to wait for gusts to get back up).


Not too bad considering the board wasn't dialed in to work with the AFS Pure 560.  This is a good excuse to build a longer, slightly narrower board (that can pull Foil Drive, race winging, and parawing duties).

W:104/FD:58/F:4/S:16

No comments: