Wednesday, August 21, 2024

Wing Foiling Session - 8/21/2024

Pretty challenging today.  The wind had strength in it today, but it was gusty and shifty.

There were waves, but the bigger ones were scant and the ones that were prevalent had flatness as it ran through the outside riding lanes.



The crew was out - Kalani, Prayot, Roland and Duke.


I bolted on the F One SK8 950/C200 onto the Evolution Cedrus Wind mast and No.36

With the Reedin SW2 4.7, I was well powered.  There were some gusts that would have been overbearing on the 4.2.  And there were some lulls where the 5.2 would have been lacking.  Pretty much up and down.


Despite the gusty wind, it was a fun session.  I botched an inside tack early on, and after that I tended to favor jibes today (made it easier for some reason to get on the waves with the angle they were coming in).


The 950 felt slow today.  When I was running into the wind trying to keep up with a reeling wall, I would sometimes get left behind.  I would bear left and pick up speed again.  Realistically this is asking a lot from any foil...
Looking at this chart below, the SK8 wasn't that slow (it just felt like it).


Super fun session today!!!

W:106/FD:58/F:4/S:17

No comments: