Saturday, August 3, 2024

Dawn Patrol - 8/3/2024

Dawn patrolled WPB this morning using the Foil Drive.

Swell is fully developed and the wind was light.

Dennis, Marvin, Noel, Dean, Scott, Kamaka and others were all out.


I swapped out the Spitfire 960 for the 900 seeing as how the swell has a little size to it


I felt the drop in surface area was perfect for the conditions today.  I could also sense the slight loss of lift and the additional trigger time to get on foil - but the performance uptick was worth it.


Early in the session, the right out in front of Fenceline was working nicely.  I saw Dennis outrunning some donut making waves.  I got one over there, but it seemed to be more consistent out in front of the last cabins.

I moved over there and caught some fun runners.  The waves were a little weird - flatter than normal despite the low tide (which sucked getting through on the way out), and apt to break in sections (which is less of an issue on foil - easier to connect the dots).


I only got 10 proper waves - not sure if that would have been different with the Spitfire 960...


Fun session!

W:95/FD:55/F:4/S:15

No comments: