Wednesday, August 7, 2024

Wing Foiling Session - 8/7/2024

When Marlon got back home from work, I went ahead and hit the Plains.

The wind seemed weak, but Prayot and Roland were up on foil so I figured I'd give it a shot.


Pretty much the same setup as last time - just swapped the SK8 out for the Spitfire 840


Short session - swirly, patchy wind and really small waves.


And you can see the higher degree of north in the wind.  Definitely makes for more challenging winging conditions (and there were a couple of runs where I would get dropped as the wind took abrupt direction changes).


The readings from the Kalaeloa meter are definitely lower than what is present at the beach.


Mellow day!  AT least I didn't have to swim back.


And Prayot was out testing his new board.

The deck was really glassed light.  Too light - he already placed a significant heel dent in it.



W:97/FD:56/F:4/S:15

No comments: