Sunday, January 3, 2021

Dawn Patrol - 1/3/2021

First dawn patrol of the new year.  The tide was really high and it was drowning out the break.  The air was a little cool, but there was no wind.  There was some residual chop in the water due to all the wind from yesterday (and I'm sure from the wind offshore).


Marlon brought his longboard, and I brought the wide 4'10" with the HS1550/300 tail.  At first I was trying to pick up some of the bigger waves (waist high).  After waiting a while, I followed the white water and started picking up the waves breaking on the inside.  These rides were shorter, but the faces were relatively steep - so I got to turn a lot more (which really is what this setup excels at).


I looked over and saw Marlon gliding on some of the bigger waves - I don't have that kind of patience.


Nice session (but we are both anticipating spring and summer - even though this is the best time of year for the weather conditions)

No comments: