Saturday, January 23, 2021

Wing Foiling Session - 1/23/2021

The wind was forecasted to be up today!!!  Kalani talked me into going to WPB early.  There was some wind, but it wasn't strong enough to go out yet.  With the ever so slightly lighter wind (compared to yesterday), I put the HS1850 back on.


I also pumped up the Ensis 6.0.  The wind did pick up around 7:30.  The tide was a dropping high (0.7' to 0.6' while I was out), so I did not really fret about the bottom (just paddled the board upside down while making sure the wing stayed away).


Here is what iwindsurf.com said the wind was doing.  I also am posting the Honolulu International Airport read out as that sensor seems to be more accurate.  In this case the Kalaeloa did not seem to be too far off.




I forgot my watch so I couldn't record this session.  I did make a bunch of runs to the outside.  I was having a hard time on the outbound tacks - I could get through the turn, but lost it setting up for the trip back in - the wind was borderline for a while.  I did better on jibes, but I would lose a lot of ground if I rode toeside for too long.  There were some nice waves on the outside - I did ride several, but two stuck out.  One I rode toeside and luffed the wing for quite some time.  The second I did the same thing, but I was heelside riding the wave goofy footed.  Fun session with minimal entry/exit drama - can't ask for much more than that!!!

No comments: