Saturday, January 16, 2021

Dawn Patrol - 1/16/2021

Marlon and I hit the dawn patrol the morning.  Dead winds, full tide and an intermittent swell greeted us.  The parking lot was pretty crowded when we got there... Saturday morning.... 


Marlon brought his longboard.  He was in the middle of the pack.

I brought the wide 4'10" with the HS1250/232.  It took me a few waves to get my Armstrong feet back - but by the third wave I was gliding long distances and cranking turns again.  Honestly - I think I would have done better with the HS1550 - I needed just a little more lift with the mushy waves - but I still caught some great rides.


In fact, there were a few takeoffs I had where I was getting up to my feet in the pitching crest of the wave - I was able to make the takeoffs because of the HS1250.  

Marlon had to work today so we left by 8:30 - now to shaping!!!

No comments: