Wednesday, January 6, 2021

Getting Started on the Next Boards

I went to Fiberglass Hawaii yesterday to peruse the blank selection.  I was headed towards purchasing a 10'4" SUP B, but I saw they had foil board blanks now.  I ended up getting a 6'2" for a wing foil board (because it had the width I was looking for), and a 5'2" for a prone foil board.


Today, I cut out the templates that I had transferred from the paper versions I made this past weekend.  It turns out I had one that was uncut - Kalani's 4'8" Freedom Foil Boards Techno, so I had three templates to cut out and fair in.  I used the jigsaw to remove the bulk excess, then the garnet block to dial it in.


Tomorrow (or sometime soon) I'll transfer the template to the blank and cut the excess off.  I've also got to cut and grind out Tim's (another WPB foiler) HS1550 to repeat the chop shop job I did on Kalani's wing.  

No comments: