Friday, January 22, 2021

Wing Foiling Session - 1/22/2021

I got another winging session in this afternoon after work.  I pulled up to the parking lot and the whole bay was chopped up white water.  I decided to try something different - I bolted on the HS1250.  


I had to move the mast up as far forward as it would go - and I brought the torque wrench down to the beach with me in case I needed to make an adjustment.  With the wind as strong as it was, I pumped up the Ensis 5.2m.


The HS1250 worked awesome!  Granted the wind was nuking so I was not wanting for more lift, but it delivered smooth, progressive lift and I never felt over powered (on the foil/board side - the wing was something completely different).


I got 10 nms in today and topped out at 15.2 mph.  I had a harder time with the transitions today - primarily because the wind was so strong (gusts were way above 30 mph), especially the tacks.  I did jibe into some waves and luffed the wing.  I'll take it one step at a time!!!  There were a couple of runs where the gusts pretty much blow me down - think by popping the rear stabilizer.  Tomorrow I may try the +1 trim fairing.


Strong trades are awesome!!!


No comments: