Monday, January 11, 2021

Evening Session - 1/11/21

When I got home from work today, I spent a few minutes grinding down the high points on the HS1550 I working on converting.  I also broke out the off cut carbon I have.  Tomorrow I'll likely apply the epoxy and try to vacuum bag the wing (so I get a good wrap top and bottom on the leading edge) - it would be nice to have some extra hands on this, but I'll use tape and peel ply to work around.  I'll also get to try out my new scale for measuring epoxy.  The lower unit is 0.1 fluid ounces!!!!  Measuring out resin and hardener just got easy!


After that, I figured I'd grab a few waves - especially thinking the conditions were more like yesterday.  That's where I was wrong - today was windier (but not quite easy winging windy) so the waves had a choppiness to them.  The tide was still really low and the waves seemed slightly smaller.  The TJ Everyday is great at milking the fun out of these kind of waves.  I had a bunch of fun rides, but went in early to talk to Eli (he was winging) - I wanted to see what equipment he had out (NL190, Old style P18 Wide rear stabilizer, Ensis 6m wing).


Can't complain - thigh to waist high waves from the southern hemisphere in mid-January.

No comments: