Thursday, January 21, 2021

Wing Foiling Session - 1/21/2021

The first day of several days of strong trades started today.  I went to Hickam after work and setup the board, foil (HS1850/300), and wing (Ensis 6.0m).  The wind was definitely up - and I kinda second guessed the 6.0 - but in the interest of time I just went out with it.  I got in 12.3 nms in an hour and 45 minutes of winging. The tide was low at 0.2' while I was out.  The reef was dry and exposed in some parts.  For that reason alone, I was glad I went to Hickam instead of WPB.


Since I knew there wasn't going to be any waves, I figured I'd focus on transitions again today.  I started out jibing on the outside, riding toeside back towards shore and jibed back to heelside for a run back out.  If you look at the outbound turnarounds, you can see the wider loops where I was nailing my tacks.  And towards the end of the session, I got an inbound tack all the way through and rode out of it after switching - a solid first!


The next several days will have even stronger trades so more sessions to come!!!

No comments: