Wednesday, January 13, 2021

More Progress

Took the saran wrap off and sanded down the high points.  The carbon conformed pretty well and there were only a few spots where I'll have to fill.



Good news is the core is all sealed up.  I'll place a layer of epoxy to fill the gouges at the same time (on the bottom) tonight - tomorrow I should be able to get the transition points on the top.


Probably another three days (mind you at a couple of hours a day only since I have a day job) until this one is finished.


I also got more time in on the next wing foil board.  Used the planer to cut in the chamfers on the bottom rail.  Then I cut out the tail kick.  I then took the rough surform and leveled the top deck.  I'm going to have to take down more of the bottom rail (board is too thick on the sides - maybe another inch trimmed off).


Like I wrote yesterday, I've got a ways to go on this one - maybe another week (with more time spent on the upcoming three-day weekend).

No comments: