Thursday, January 28, 2021

Wing Foiling Session - 1/28/2021

The wind was blowing all day in the 25mph+ range.  I punched out of work at 1500 and headed over to Hickam.  I bolted on the HS1250 and moved the mast all the way forward.  I also replaced the 0 degree fairing with the +1 - figured I'd see how it worked.  I saw the same thing happen today that I saw yesterday - as I drove up and looked out at the harbor, nothing but whipped up white water.  Then as I a getting ready to pump up the wing, the wind backs off.  I pumped up the Ensis 5.2 to err on the conservative side.


All the equipment worked brilliantly today.  The 5.2 was never overpowered and these Ensis wings really do help get the foil up and working (especially compared to the F One Swing).  The +1 fairing really helped keep the nose level, which in turn helped the board cut through the wind (instead of fighting it).  And the HS1250 helped me make several of my inbound tacks.


Speaking of tacks, I decided I would focus solely on tacks today.  The more you do something, the more it becomes second nature.  Towards the end of the session, I was nailing my weak side tacks (in bound, riding heel side goofy foot), and I was almost foiling through my outbound tacks.  I was out from 3:30 to 5 and I got 12nms in.  Peak speed was 16.5mph.  Wind was a notch stronger than yesterday - always a plus!


Fun after work session!

No comments: