Sunday, July 3, 2022

Garage Works - 7/3/2022

I was having to answer work questions over the course of the day - so I opted to not go far today.  I ended up mowing the lawn, resolving an issue with a generator, making sure lots of trash was dumped and then I went to the garage.

I routed out the footstrap insert slots, prepped the inserts with acetone, then epoxied them in.


3.5 ounces to get the inserts set in the slots, then I went ahead and placed a thin skim coat over the top deck of the board (to seal the blank in preparation for lamination) - 4.9 ounces.


The two assemblies for the rear strap had some technical issues - the router bit blew open portions of the reinforcement block (I think next time I'll use the tile grout removal bit - more passes but less drama).  Nothing that some epoxy couldn't fix (in fact - it's probably stronger now).  This last one seems to have recessed a little bit - I'll probably have to drop the innegra so I don't have to grind down to open this strap insert. 


Tomorrow is top deck lamination day - I'm still debating, but right now I envision a dark blue base, and when the board is ready for the final top coat of epoxy, I'll use Posca pens to place some light blue stripes.

No comments: