Thursday, July 21, 2022

Wing Foiling Session - 7/21/2022

The wind had been ripping since about 11am today.  I had my stuff with me, but I didn't have a higher wind wing.  I ended up heading home to pick up the Reedin SWX 5.2

I also bolted on the Kujira 1210 and used a shim plate under the mast base.  Everything gear wise was perfect for the conditions today.  No.25 is certainly a magic board - gets up off the water incredibly fast.  It is narrower than I usually use and I'm still getting used to that, but I didn't have much trouble at all in the swell and chop getting up.

I didn't tack onto a wave today, nor did I put the footstraps on just yet - I really wanted to focus on getting a feel for this board in the challenging conditions always present at WPB.

I took a ton of pictures, but these were the only ones where a drop of water didn't mess up the image.  Here I'm mid-jibe getting ready to drop in on a wave.


And this is how I usually luff the wing while using the Reedins - I use my downwind hand and hold it in neutral.  I can even power up from this position if I need to


I got in almost 16 miles in about an hour and a half.  You can see all the surfing I was doing along the unbroken swell - I totally love foiling these waves... no one but me extracting this energy!!!


Perfect conditions for the 5.2!!!  And I came in just before the drop off.

I thought I broke 20mph... rounding up doesn't count here.


I'm so stoked about No.25!!!  I think the next time I'll have the footstraps on.

W:71/F:61/S:17

No comments: