Tuesday, July 26, 2022

Wing Foiling Session - 7/26/2022

Hit WPB after work.  The wind was whipping when I pulled up - but it came down a bit while I was rigging.  There was also a swell starting to show.  Lastly - the tide was nice and high.


I used the same setup as the past several sessions - 5.1/1210 & 178/85cm Cedrus/No.25

I took my time setting up today - I took the mast off and placed the footstraps back on.  I got the spacing spot on this time around.


Middle is on the fifth hole back


Front of the front straps are on the fourth hole back





They are perfectly spaced and balanced now.

The wind was pretty much perfect for the RS 5.1 - I pretty much winged all over the place.  I jumped three times - with each one better than the last.  The third one was pretty high - and I had enough hangtime that I felt like I could even rotate.

There were some good-sized sets that came through.  I had a couple where I stayed regular stance after the jibe, then dropped the wing and didn't have to wrestle with it. 


There were some runs where the RS was starting to get unruly - these wings do not like to be overpowered.  But in the lulls, this was the wing to have today (compared to the SWX - which would have eaten the gusts, but not done so well in the lulls).


On the bigger waves, I felt like I was going faster than this - but the watch has spoken.


Also - I saw a bunch of wildlife today - multiple turtles, lots of fish and one pretty big hammerhead.  Lots of action!

The wind is forecasted to weaken for the next few days.  I can actually use the rest (but there is always prone foiling!!!)

W:76/F:61/S:17

No comments: