Tuesday, July 19, 2022

The Anointment of No.25

Today (during my lunch) I was able to spray the clear coat on the top deck and get the deck pads on - No.25 is finished!!!

I sprinted to the beach after work and as usual - the wind that had been cranking since the mid-morning died.  I went ahead and pumped up the RS 5.1 and bolted on the Kujira 1210.  The mast positioning was a guess (but that was ok because I had the wingscrews on).

As I launched, the wind was filling back in (there was a large cloud that passed over - the wind stopped while it was overhead), but it still was light.  With the flat tail/square rails, I was able to get off the water with a few well-timed pumps of the foil and the wing.


I'm guessing this board is 75 to 80 liters.  When I was waiting for a gust, it would sit just under the surface.


I was riding the inside to get my footing defined, and to see what the board could do.  No surprises - it could do everything the WWFB could.  It did feel more stable than this board's smaller sibling (No.24) - which is what this board was shaped to be - 4'11"x23.5"x4" is probably the smallest wing board I can use without fretting.

When the wind popped up, Harris made a run for Firsts.  I joined him after a few minutes where I could see the wind was sustained.  I picked up four really good waves - the best being the largest one (overhead) from the outside.


You can see on the graph below the big gap between the gusts and the background wind.  This is where the RS excels - and I could have probably done better with the 6.1 (but the 5.1 held its own well).

This was a perfect day for testing out a new board - and having said board perform just as I had planned!  I am looking forward to foiling and learning to jump with this board!!!


Here's more pictures 








Lots more to come from this board!

W:69/F:61/S:17

No comments: