Wednesday, July 13, 2022

Wing Foiling Session - 7/13/2022

Today was forecasted to be a strong wind day.  I got to Hickam after work and the wind seemed to shut down.  I only brought the Kujira 1095 - so to compensate I pumped up the Takuma RS 5.1

The wind would at times run pretty strong, then other times it seemed to evaporate.  And even when it was coming through, it was super swirly.


I went out to Firsts - but the wind was weak on the way out and once I got out there it died.  The swell had some size to it, but I was closer to the channel and the tide was super high so no danger of getting smashed.  I finally picked up a gust and since I was pointed out, I rode out until I had another gust to jibe around.  I caught a wave and just kept going back in.


The wind looked consistent from the graph below - totally not what I experienced.


Yup - I forgot my garmin at work today.  This is from the Stravada app.  Looks like I hit 21.16mph on the Kujira 1095 today.  Not bad.


The wing was pretty predictable - same performance characteristics as the 6.1 (fun and powerful, but revolts when pinched to weather too much).  I actually had a hard time tacking today because it pushed down so much.  I'm not sure if that was more the conditions from today or my not having used an RS in quite some time (I've been on the SWXs lately), or just me.


W:64/F:61/S:17

No comments: