Thursday, July 14, 2022

Wing Foiling Session - 7/14/2022

La has been going to the sail loft (Art Nelson Sailmakers) to sew these past couple of days.  I have been picking her up from work and bringing her to Hickam.  I really love it when she comes to see me play in the water - reminds me of when we had just started dating!


Same setup as yesterday.


The wind was more from the North today.  And even though it was less swirly compared to yesterday, it was on the light side (contrary to the forecasts).  The tide was really high - +2.7'.  To get out, I just went straight.  No need to go out the channel.

There were some good waves coming through - but they would just get thick and would hardly break.  I had to ride out past the jetty to find enough wind to jibe - but after I turned I was on a macker and rode that to the inside bowl.

Fun waves, but the wind still felt questionable so I headed in to work the inside.

From the ride track below, the wind direction is pretty obvious.


Definitely on the lighter side - I think I could have used the 6.1


Not bad when there was enough wind to stay up on foil.


W:65/F:61/S:17

No comments: